Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas

On Christmas Eve my parents took me to Chemanius for a wonderful buffet lunch and terrific production of A Christmas Carol.  The day itself, stockings and some gifts opened, the three of us worked at the Community Spirit Dinner downtown.  We got to help the process along and saw many people of all ages and situations have good solid meals, listen to beautiful choir music, and see Santa hand out gifts to the children.  After my shift, I headed home to a small bit of pita and hummus and my heating pad.

Yesterday the boys came home from Nanaimo where they'd had Christmas with their Dad and his family.  They were full of hugs and love and big eyes for the tree.  I made my children and parents a yummy ham and scalloped potato meal and it was lovely.  and finally... finally... I got to have my Christmas too.  Today and tomorrow will include ferry rides, as we head out for our Pattison Christmas with Andy, Michelle, niece Chloe and PatDad as well as new to the gang Diana and Marian.

Almost through December....

2011 is fast approaching.  what will it bring?  the ability to be kinder to myself?  health?  more time with my friends?  Some crazy work road trips for sure with cousin and best friend time scheduled in.  A weekend dancing with Mira Betz, Bellydance Superstars, a new joint art show with mom and who knows what else...

Mostly though, I ask for grace, strength, patience and courage.  I resolve to try to be kinder to myself, to remember that I am worth loving - just like everyone else.  Because I am.

Merry Christmas - blessings and love and laughter for us all in 2011.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are not slanderous, malicious or offensive...