Monday, May 2, 2011

Reasons

Kenzie and I wandered Cadboro Bay and surrounds yesterday discovering new paths and beaches....  the sun shone.  He played happily in the sand for over an hour and we saw no one.  No one other than the geese, ducks and family of otters playing in the water while songbirds and gentle waves filled the air with an symphony of gentle spring song....

Need a reason to vote?  No - I know I am blessed to live in a country for which citizens can vote privately.   I have friends who immigrated from places where they don't have that right - either to vote or to vote because they are a woman or to vote secretly.

We live in a place where each person has a say if they take that say.  It's not just a right.  It's a privilege and more importantly it's a responsibility. 

It's not just living by the ocean that makes me realize how lucky I am.  I vote for two reasons....  and I need no other....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are not slanderous, malicious or offensive...